Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Marketo Content Pack Load Fails on Report Screen

Hello,

When attempting to connect to the Marketo Content Pack with the ClientID & Client Secret, I can successfully log in, but the data does not load.

On the dashboard created by the content pack, it hangs indefinitely, and in the Report it creates it generates the following error after a minute:

Something went wrong

Unable to load report
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity ID236ac89e-c3b7-0234-d08f-75090432a2ab
Request ID70d07e5a-873a-186e-c0e6-1097a6f13931
Correlation ID66e247e0-ab91-2f2a-515c-3726bf72ed16
TimeThu Jun 01 2017 11:28:21 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Version13.0.1700.2352

This is with only 1 month's worth of data selected to pull in as well. Our Marketo users have full access rights to API permissions as well.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @afr_jfostek,

Please download this Marketo content pack template and Marketo.m files from here to check if you can get data in Power BI desktop. Below are detail steps:

- Install the latest PBI Desktop 
- Create a folder called Extensions under: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Desktop\bin 
- Copy the .m file to that folder 
- Set these 2 environment variables in Windows: 
   PQ_EnableExtensionDeveloper = true 
   PQ_ExtensionDirectory = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Desktop\bin\Extensions 
- Open the PBIT file 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

afr_jfostek
Frequent Visitor

Would it be possible to send me the .m template file directly? My company blocks that link as "online-storage-and-backup".

If not I'll see what I can do about getting unblocked. Thanks!

afr_jfostek
Frequent Visitor

Attempted to use both files. Altered the Environment variables through the properties on MyComputer Advanced System Settings. Placed the .m file in the Extensions folder. Tried to open the provided pbit file and got an error saying it was corrupt:powerbi_marketo_file_corrupt.PNG

afr_jfostek
Frequent Visitor

I adjusted the environment variables in the following manner, in both the system variables and user variables, but the content pack file provided still failed to load.

Is there any other option I can pursue?

pbi_desktop_market_environ_vars.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am experiencing the same issue.  Has anyone found a solution?  Very frustrating.

The data appears to load, but the reports never display.