Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

March 2019 release SharePoint list data type transformation not working

Hi team,

I have just updated my PBI Desktop version to 2.67.5404.801 (64-bit). After the update, I have noticed that when connecting to a SharePoint list using the SharePoint List connector (on prem SharePoint), any numerical or date field are being uploaded as simple text fields in PowerBI. This is then requiring manual intervention to change the data type in order to perform numerical calculations on the 2 data types. 

I have tested with Excel for example and in this case, PowerBI is transforming automatically to the right data type.

Also, as a workaround for SharePoint list, while using the oData feed version of loading the list, the transformations are done again automatically, just as expected.

I think this is an issue, please help me investigating it and eventually correcting it.

Many thanks,

Theo

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous ,

I am unable to reproduce this issue on my side, and I use Power BI Desktop latest version(2.67.5404.801).
1.PNG

The M code generated in my Desktop is as below.

let
    Source = SharePoint.Tables("http://sp/sites/testpbi", [ApiVersion = 14]),
    Testlist1 = Source{[Name="Testlist"]}[Content]
in
    Testlist1

How do you create the SharePoint list on your side? Could you please share screenshot here?

Regards,

Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lydia,

Many thanks for your reply. Looking at your code, I see the issue is with the API Version. In my query, the version is 15 (while yours is 14):

let
Source = SharePoint.Tables("https://xyz.com/sites/EMEA_Weekly_Reporting/", [ApiVersion = 15]),
#"8a664b56-c9f7-446f-946c-0a21c53b0c4f" = Source{[Id="8a664b56-c9f7-446f-946c-0a21c53b0c4f"]}[Items],
#"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"8a664b56-c9f7-446f-946c-0a21c53b0c4f",{{"ID", "ID.1"}})
in
#"Renamed Columns"

The above is out of the box, no additional step has been added to the query.

Thanks,

Theo

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous ,

How about you change  [ApiVersion = 15] to  [ApiVersion = 14]?

Regards,

Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lydia,

If i change to Version 14 it will work fine. But is there something I can do to force it to v14 all the time? 

Thanks,

Theo