Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Map layers, info disappearing on ArcGIS

Hello.

I then save it and open the document back up and the layers have disappeared - both the infographics and the reference layer. It simply reverts. I had a similar problem where the colors of the coordinates were not saving, but now it's an issue with the layers. I have tried everything - changing the symbol size, turning the layers on and off, and nothing seems to work. Am I missing something obvious? Is there a save button somewhere, ha??

This is what it should look like:

arcgis Issue.PNG

This is what it reverts to when I open the report again or change pages:

GIS issue2.PNG

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-chuncz-msft I do not have an ESRI login? I am confused why this can't go through the PowerBi system. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-chuncz-msft ESRI is not able to answer this question.

Please see: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/maps-for-powerbi/get-started/account-types.htm

which states that a standard account with PowerBi should be able to use ArcGIS with the free reference layers and infographics available. However, these layers are disappearing when I close the application or move to a different page (with saving). 

jdbuchanan71
Super User

I am having the same problem which makes the ESRI maps pretty much useless.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jdbuchanan71 This is so odd. About three months ago the symbols colors would disappear, then everything worked for about a month, and now it's just totally reverting back no matter what I do (turn on and off layers, remove something then add it back, save in different ways, change symbols, etc). 

Very frustrating, especially when this map would be a great addition to a report, but it will most likely have to be configured independently in ArcGIS. 

Zhangxp
Regular Visitor

Hi, I found the same issue.

I have created the maps in ArcGIS mapview. From there, I added layers from different sources and added the whole map as a reference layer to Power BI ArcGIS map. Then I found the KML and WMS layers will disappear after reload the page in Power BI, while the layers from other sources do not have the same issue.