Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Map and filled map wrong display on load (blurred)

This behaviour occurs using the service (powerbi.com) and using links from the "publish to web option".

Using IE 11. When using Edge or Chrome the maps or even the entire reports don't work so IE11 seems the only option.

This behaviour occurs in multiple different reports/dashboards using different source data, but not all reports/dashboards.

This behaviour orrurs as well in maps that few and maps that have (too) many points.

large.png

On loading the map and filled map, the data points or filled map objects are displayed properly.

But the underlying map is blurred, see screenshots.

The map works correctly when you click / touch the map once, or use a slicer or selection to update the map, then it seems to refresh and display the underlying map correctly.

Any way to solve this?

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

I tried to map many locations in the map visual so that there are many points, but I cannot repro the same issue as you. Could you please provide your PBIX file to me? You can upload it to online file service (e.g. OneDrive) and share it. Make sure you’ve removed the sensitive data before sharing. Or you can provide the web links to your report.

Map and filled map wrong display on load (blurred)_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

PM sent Smiley Happy

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

I can repro the same issue as you now. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 29419718

I’ll post here once I get any update for it.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

Power BI Team did some investigation and it's definitely an issue on the Bing Maps side. They'd need to fix their issue. The team do have a plan to upgrade to a newer version of the Bing Maps control, which may fix this, but it's not in the near future.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered