Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Map Zoom Settings Non-functional

In PowerBI Service version: 13.0.14396.75, neither AutoZoom nor fixed zoom are functional in online reports.  PowerBI Desktop properly implements both, but when opened either in the web editor or as a published report, Map visuals are zoomed all the way out.

The image below shows the the difference in how PowerBI and PowerBI desktop implement AutoZoom when opening the same report.

AutoZoom in PowerBI and PowerBI DesktopAutoZoom in PowerBI and PowerBI Desktop

This was not an issue in earlier versions of the service and only started cropping up recently.

EDIT: I've created a demo to illustrate the issue.

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

I could not reproduce this on my side. The power bi desktop version is: 2.85.681.0 64-bit (September 2020). Power bi service version is 13.0.14396.75.

Try clearing the browser cache and check if this issue persists.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuta-msft,

I tried clearing the cache, reinstalled PowerBI Desktop with the latest version [2.85.985.0 64-bit (September, 2020)], republished the report using that version, and tried opening the report in other browsers.  I even tried creating a new report to see if that was the issue.

Nothing changed, the problem remains and renders consistently across Firefox, Chromium Edge, Opera, and even IE.

I've also confirmed that others have the same issue when viewing the public demo I made of the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like Microsoft updated the PowerBI service to version 13.0.14437.75 today, fixing the issue.