Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Map Visual In PowerBI Service

Hi,

Unable to get correct place is in map visual in Power BI service. Look below screen shot. Places are marked in gray places. I am getting correct place when I zoom it. But zoom out time it was showing wrong place.  This error was happened since last two week. Before that, map visual was worked fine in Power BI sevice.

Bing Map.JPG

By

Gnanasekar

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Gnanasekar,

How did you create the map visual? Which kind of field did you used to locate in the map visual?

Based on my test, use Country field to Location property, the map works fine in Power BI service when zoom in and zoom out. See:

zoom inzoom inzoom outzoom out

You can download our test Map.pbix file and publish to your Power BI service to see if the issue persists. If the issue doesn't occur, please share your pbix which has problem with some sample data, so we can test on our side.

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Gnanasekar
Helper III

Hi @Vicky_Song and @v-qiuyu-msft

Look at the red box area in below screenshot.

Most of the places are marked on this area.

1. How can I know the places where the bubbles point to?  Either the map should have covered the full screen or it should have fit inside the width.

2. This gray coloured area is spoiling the look and feel of the report.

3.The places in North America are marked in the right side gray coloured area. Similarly, the places in Asia on the left side.

1.jpg

By

Gnanasekar

Gnanasekar
Helper III

Hi @Vicky_Song and @v-qiuyu-msft

I have attached map report link. Please look it. Why is gray colored area appeared in map?

By

Gnanasekar

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Gnanasekar,

Please publish this report to you Power BI service to see if the issue related to report or service itself. 

q7.PNG

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu 

Gnanasekar
Helper III

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

I have uploaded your pbix file and reduced height of map. Look it. It is also getting same.

Map1.jpg

Can you reduce the height of map and check.

By

Gnanasekar

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can reproduce the problem with two different data sets in two different Power BI Service tenants. The problem does not exist in Power BI Desktop but only in Service. I'm using Lat and Lon points to define the location.  The problem seems to be partially related to x:y ratio of the map visual. 

image.png

I also have a problem (in the service) where points don't move with the map but are static in the their original position, i.e. they lay where ever they were when the filters were applied.

image.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

I have reported this issue internally, CRI 46958028. 

Will update here once get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

Gnanasekar
Helper III

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

Is there a way to track -CRI 46958028? How long will it take to fix this?
Once I get this information, I can convey it to my end user/customer.

By

Gnanasekar.