Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Map (Bing) showing an offset location to actual co-ordinates

This isn't an instance of the incorrect City being shown in another country, this is an issue where the Map (Bing) shows location dots on the map perfectly fine in PowerBI Desktop but as soon as you upload it to PowerBI Online, it shows an area SE by a large distance to the Lat Long location. It does this where it's zoomed out to occupy a cluster of location dots and even when you click on a specific site in a table, the map zooms to a SE area.

It's important to note that the location dots are showing in the correct locations on the map, just the auto zoom to showing an area to the SE of the correct locations.

This has been tested where the source data is from a DW and Excel spreadsheet.

It worked fine until this morning.

Comments
dineshsivaji

I have the same issue too. Any workaround ? 

ihatelag
Regular Visitor

@dineshsivaji  there isn't really a work around as stated by Microsoft earlier in this thread but what I have done in the interim time is turned off Auto zoom and enabled Zoom buttons for manual control of the map under the Map controls properties. That may be the only way to make the maps somewhat usable in the interim time, even though it sucks when you have locations spread over a larger area.

I really don't understand why it takes over a week for Microsoft to fix something that was already working, why don't they just roll back to an earlier version of whatever they did to break the Bing map visualisation in the first place! It's really painful to have this happen to us, especially using a Premium node server which we hoped we would be immune from such events.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here.

However I would to add that the "2019 Microsoft Corporation Terms" text is also often randomly enlarged.

Lázaro
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem.

@Erik_Debono wrote:

This isn't an instance of the incorrect City being shown in another country, this is an issue where the Map (Bing) shows location dots on the map perfectly fine in PowerBI Desktop but as soon as you upload it to PowerBI Online, it shows an area SE by a large distance to the Lat Long location. It does this where it's zoomed out to occupy a cluster of location dots and even when you click on a specific site in a table, the map zooms to a SE area.

It's important to note that the location dots are showing in the correct locations on the map, just the auto zoom to showing an area to the SE of the correct locations.

@Erik_Debono wrote:

NirH_at_BITeam
Frequent Visitor

I encountered the same issue and posted it two days after as I couldn't find any indication that someone has already brought it up.

Maybe there is somehing here for Microsoft to do and it's to revamp this whole community center including: issues submission, new ideas, questions, so it will be much easier to nevigate, to interact with others and will hold a stronger search engine.

Thanks!

NH

jmcclure
Frequent Visitor

I am having this exact same issue.  

I have a drillthrough tab that takes you to an autozoom on a single filtered data point, however as of similar timing to the original poster, we now get offset to the South East, often putting the user in a body of water.  

Pretty embarassing for me, as this bug made its first appearence during a board presentation!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I  have de same issue...
Please, fix this!
🙂
Thanks

Erik_Debono
Advocate II

This has now been fixed by Microsoft from what i can see. My report is working perfectly now with the zoom extents in the correct place. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's works!
Thanks

humbertozc

I'm including in a dashboard, a visual heatmap (Maps), but in Bing is outdated (picture is about 5 years ago), Can I use a Google maps picture?

Regards