Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Manage Permissions not working as earlier

Hello. 

I have found that the Manage Permissions option for a report can only share the report now and not "Add User" as earlier where we can provide access to a report without sharing it directly. I have a situation where we have a primary report which links to the secondary report with filters I we don't want to share the secondary report with the users. I only share the primary report and used to give access to the secondary report but that option isn't available anymore.  

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @vaibhav_osc,

I have sent a email to consult this issue internally, will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @vaibhav_osc,

I got information below:

Yes this change is by design and aligned with the UI for grant access to dashboard. It grants access to a new user via the sharing action.

In the past this was not working as expected so we fixed it.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

vaibhav_osc
Helper I

@v-qiuyu-msft Thanks for the update.

Although, I don't see how this change in functionality is useful given we could already share the report with the default share option available outside the manage permissions window.