Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Maintain layer order and the Format Menu

I think I have found a problem in November Desktop, with the new "Maintain layer order" option. The ability to use the bring to front/bring forward/send to back/send backward buttons in the Format menu has no effect on the visuals.

I would expect that this should still work on Desktop/Development and only take effect when published. If the intention is that the  bring to front/bring forward/send to back/send backward buttons no longer work, then they should be disabled.

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  @Anonymous 

I have reported this issue internally, ICM:214580241

will update here once I get any information.

Regards,

Lin

TrentS
Advocate II

I am also seeing this issue. Cannot move objects either direction in layering.

edhans
Super User

I've seen some posts on Twitter and these forums where others are impacted. Hoping a fix is forthcoming. Thanks for logging it @v-lili6-msft 

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  ALL

We’ve identified the issue and it will be fixed in December release.

Regards,

Lin

PerLindhoej
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Any idea on when the Service 12.2 train and Desktop SU12 release is ready? 

I'm using the Send to back function together with the new Maintain layer order a lot and it hasn't been working after the November release.

BR, 

Per

edhans
Super User

Thanks for getting back to us @v-lili6-msft 

I'm afraid SU12 means December.... 😲
Hope I'm wrong.

edhans
Super User

All, as a workaround, changing the layer order via the Selection Pane still works. Just more clicks.

edhans_0-1606246840525.png

PerLindhoej
Regular Visitor

Thanks a lot. The Selection Pane will work for now.

edhans
Super User

I have not had a chance to test it @PerLindhoej but a new version of Power BI Desktop hit the Microsoft Store this morning. Might install that and see if it fixes it.

edhans_0-1606326591686.png

PerLindhoej
Regular Visitor

Version 2.87.923.0 didn't solve the issue!