Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Maintain Layer Order not working in PBI Service

See here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Maintain-layer-order-does-not-work-when-published-to-servic...

In neither reports with previously working 'maintain layer order' or new reports this feature seems to be working as expected. I can confirm this was working a week ago, but no longer does.

Can be reproduced by the following steps:

1. Create a new .pbix file

2. Create a rectangle in one color (blue)

3. Create a second object (can be anything - slicer, button, shape all tested) in a different color (red)

4. Send the first rectangle to back in case it isn't already (it should already be in back)

5. Select blue rectangle, tick 'Maintain Layer Order'

6. Upload to service

7. Click blue rectangle

Observed results: Blue rectangle covers up the red rectangle and layer order is not maintained

Expected results: When clicking the blue rectangle, layer order should be maintained and it should not cover up the red rectangle.

Comments
StevenKramer
Regular Visitor

Yep, same issue here. Thought it was me for a bit, and tried troubleshooting. Thought perhaps the custom theme I used was messing this feature up... wasted time, apparently, as I tried from a brand new report created in the service without ever changing the from the default theme and results still show this feature isn't currently working.

andrewbrick
Advocate III

Just noticed this issue as well.  Several reports I've made have "backdrops," and these can now be clicked and come to the front.  Wasn't like that before. 

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@rhernke 

A similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned.

CRI 250358593

blopez11
Resident Rockstar

We noticed the same think yesterday...

bogomda
Helper II

same issue, have a dozen of reports with this feature, none of them are working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-chuncz-msft   do we have any update on this issue?, we have many reports, where we have implemented this feature.

vypox
Frequent Visitor

How is this not fixed yet? 

User experience of one of the biggest reports in our organisation has dropped significantly because of this change. 

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@rhernke 

We’ve identified the issue and fix will be deployed in next 2 - 3 weeks.

rhernke
Advocate I

@v-chuncz-msftThis is great news, thank you for the update!

Anonymous
Not applicable

It never worked for me like you describe. You have to group objects together for this option to work. Check out Guy in the Cube channel for "Filter panel" or something like that, about a year or so ago - he describes it.