Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MS Access Data Mashup failing

MS Access 2010 has been running through business gateway successfully for 3 months.

However, the gateway continues to work without any glitch apart from data sources derived from MS Access 2010. The error message that is received is below. Any help to resolve this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

****************************************************************************************************************************

Something went wrong

Cannot connect to the mashup data source. See error details for more information.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Underlying error code-2147467259
Underlying error messageUnspecified error
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.ReasonDataFormat.Error
Cluster URIWABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity IDe2941fb2-646c-4ba5-a7c8-027d199b9ca0
Request ID278aca6c-81e3-e1e5-9c3b-67a28a859c01
Time2017-08-09 11:29:25Z
Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@kyle705

Are you getting data from MS Access and refresh the dataset through on-premises data gateway? I test with latest version 14.16.6390.2 but cannot repro the same issue on my side.

If issue persist, I suggest you to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page).

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Herbert

kyle705
Frequent Visitor

Multiple users are utilising the shared on premises business gateway server.

All data sources that are not MS Access seem to be OK.

MS access data sources seem to be failing via gateway, but work locally on Power BI desktop. These MS Access databases are split multi user environments.

Qazafi
Frequent Visitor

Hi There

I am also getting the same error while refreshing my Power Bi using Access

It refresh fine while on Desktop but when I do refresh in Power Bi Service I got the following error

Can you please advise, it is really urgent.

Thanks

Syed

Last refresh failed: Wed Aug 01 2018 21:05:15 GMT+1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)
Cannot connect to the mashup data source. See error details for more information.
Hide details
Underlying error code:-2147467259 Table: Date.
Underlying error message:Unspecified error
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason:DataFormat.Error
Cluster URI:WABI-AUSTRALIA-SOUTHEAST-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:3d095c94-fe44-432f-a756-1db89c8b4a22
Request ID:f92c78f1-3a00-f490-39ee-d84dc9790d7b
Time:

2018-08-01 09:05:15Z

Qazafi
Frequent Visitor

Just to give you bit of back ground I am using 64 bit Power Bi desktop and using Access 32 bit But I am using 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB 64 bit

I hope this might help

istudent
Frequent Visitor

Was this issue ever resolved? I am having the EXACT same problem

RobinDeBruyn
Regular Visitor

hi guy's 

i am trying to connect my access file with gateway as well. I am getting the exactly same error code how did you fix this problem?

@v-haibl-msft @kyle705 @istudent @Qazafi 

thanks in advance!

RDB

mprindiville
Regular Visitor

Hi 

I have this same issue any resolution?  is this the correct place to post the issue?

-MP