Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

M Intellisense very laggy

Hi,

The new M Intellisense preview feature is great but it is severly slow and laggy. Every time I open the advanced editor and click on my code, Power BI freezes for 10-20s. This happens also when navigating in my code by clicking or with arrows.

I'd love to have this feature since it makes editing and reading M much easier. Will the lag be solved in future updates or is this issue purely on my computer?

Br,

T

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Which Power BI desktop do you run? 

Based on my test in Power BI desktop version 2.62.5222.761 64-bit (September 2018), the M Intelligence is quick. Please try to update your Power BI desktop to this latest version then test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I'm also running Version: 2.62.5222.761 64-bit (September 2018). The lag seems to have dissipated - must have been an issue with my computer performance at the time.

Thanks,

T

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

You can restart your computer and only run Power BI desktop to check if M intelligence is very slow. 

For any feedback about M intelligence, you can also comment in this blog comment section: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-september-2018-feature-summary/#m

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

kadirkkkk
Frequent Visitor

It's year 2022 and it's still laggy with the last version of PowerBI.

rudisoft
Frequent Visitor

Same here. It becomes a severe problem during typing.

Ceeeg
Frequent Visitor

Tell me about it! At times it's laggy to the point that half the characters I type don't actually come through...

ugurdemir
Advocate I

Laggy as a turtle. Typing Text.Com... and it says loading.... for minutes !?!