Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lost of formatting in copy has image from service

Hello all,

I have a dark theme, and the option to copy visual as image is turned on.

It is something similar to the image below

image.png

(Image taken with snipping tool)

As you can see the background is black and the text (axis, legends, lines, title) is white. The customer used the Copy button and realized that the visual was copied in a different way.

Has you can see below the background was set to white  and the title was reset to the "default" all the rest is kept has white.

MFelix_7-1641465796858.png

Seems to me that in this copy+paste  the everything is set to default in terms of the characteristic of the charts except the axis and lines has you can see below by a similar chart the title although is blue when copied from the service it returns to grey and reduces size:
image (1).png
Image with snipping tool.

MFelix_9-1641465906333.png

Copy from service.

Anyone else with the same issue? This copy paste should be done as we have it, since it's copy has an image that should be the same as a snipping tool.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Update from PG team:

It is by design since the copy button uses the pin to dashboard functionality and the limitations are mentioned here: Pin a tile to a Power BI dashboard from a report - Power BI | Microsoft Docs 

• Border, shadow, and background settings are ignored in the pinned tile.
  • For card visuals, the text used for the value is shown in dashboards using the 'DIN' font family, with black text. You can change the text color for all the tiles on a dashboard by creating a custom dashboard theme.
  • Conditional formatting isn't applied.
  • Visuals will adjust their size to fit the size of the tile. This can result in differences in layout as if the visual had been resized on the report.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Have sumbited this issue internal to confirm(ICM: 281820858), would update here as soon as possible if there is any update about it.

Best Regards,

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Update from PG team:

It is by design since the copy button uses the pin to dashboard functionality and the limitations are mentioned here: Pin a tile to a Power BI dashboard from a report - Power BI | Microsoft Docs 

• Border, shadow, and background settings are ignored in the pinned tile.
  • For card visuals, the text used for the value is shown in dashboards using the 'DIN' font family, with black text. You can change the text color for all the tiles on a dashboard by creating a custom dashboard theme.
  • Conditional formatting isn't applied.
  • Visuals will adjust their size to fit the size of the tile. This can result in differences in layout as if the visual had been resized on the report.

Best Regards,

MFelix
Super User

Hi @v-yingjl ,

Altough I understand that you get the pin has a base for the copy (don't agree but understand) the issue that I refer continues to exist and this is even more visible because if you pin the visual to the Dashboard the colours of the axis and legends are still white so white on white is not visible.

Can you go back to the PG team and open a tickect so that everything in the visual is back to default even the axis?