cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Data in Query Editor

This is a strange phenomena I've noticed. It seems to occur after I 'Merge Queries' between two tables.

I start a table with x rows, merge the query (Left Outer), and all of a sudden I'm reduced to a minute fraction of the data. It seems to be capping at 1,000 rows. I can eventually "retrieve" the rows by removing query steps, but it's somewhat random as to when the values will re-populate. Further, it seems random when they will vanish again.

For example, grouping by Company ID (each DW is a company) yields 6,416 rows.

When I do something as simple as change a column to Int64.type, I now only have 1,000 rows.

Here is the M snippet:

let
    Source = Sql.Database("enquiredwpool.database.windows.net", "DW111"),
    #"dbo_Individual Housing Contract Facts" = Source{[Schema="dbo",Item="Individual Housing Contract Facts"]}[Data],
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"dbo_Individual Housing Contract Facts", "TransferFlag", each if [FromHousingContractKey] = [ToHousingContractKey] then 0 else 1),
//When I group by Company ID (only one ID), I have 6,414 rows.
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Added Custom",{{"TransferFlag", Int64.Type}})
//When I group by Company ID (only one ID), I now have 1,000 rows.
in
    #"Changed Type"

Comments

@GabrielSantos,

What you observe is a known issue, which is recorded in Power BI support site, please keep an eye on the update time.

1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Status changed to: Accepted

@GabrielSantos,

This issue is fixed in Power BI Desktop August release, please update your Power BI Desktop to August version.

Regards,
Lydia