Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Loss of Data in Query Editor

This is a strange phenomena I've noticed. It seems to occur after I 'Merge Queries' between two tables.

I start a table with x rows, merge the query (Left Outer), and all of a sudden I'm reduced to a minute fraction of the data. It seems to be capping at 1,000 rows. I can eventually "retrieve" the rows by removing query steps, but it's somewhat random as to when the values will re-populate. Further, it seems random when they will vanish again.

For example, grouping by Company ID (each DW is a company) yields 6,416 rows.

When I do something as simple as change a column to Int64.type, I now only have 1,000 rows.

Here is the M snippet:

let
    Source = Sql.Database("enquiredwpool.database.windows.net", "DW111"),
    #"dbo_Individual Housing Contract Facts" = Source{[Schema="dbo",Item="Individual Housing Contract Facts"]}[Data],
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"dbo_Individual Housing Contract Facts", "TransferFlag", each if [FromHousingContractKey] = [ToHousingContractKey] then 0 else 1),
//When I group by Company ID (only one ID), I have 6,414 rows.
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Added Custom",{{"TransferFlag", Int64.Type}})
//When I group by Company ID (only one ID), I now have 1,000 rows.
in
    #"Changed Type"

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@GabrielSantos,

What you observe is a known issue, which is recorded in Power BI support site, please keep an eye on the update time.

1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Accepted

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@GabrielSantos,

This issue is fixed in Power BI Desktop August release, please update your Power BI Desktop to August version.

Regards,
Lydia