Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Looking up invalid data on a dense spool

I have a problem with a published dataset, with the error message "Looking up invalid data on a dense spool". It happens with a single measure and only in PBI Service.

The dataset was fine and this suddenly started to happen. When I'm using PBI Desktop, there are no errors, but I soon as I publish the data and connect my report via Live Connection, any visual with the measure returns the error. The measure is quite simple, just a SUMX with a simple CALCULATE filter, and it's used in many other measures of the report which do not return any error message.

powerbidev_0-1651494434821.png

I have already tried:

- Recreating the measure;

- Republishing the dataset;

- Deleting and republishing the dataset;

- Creating a new file with PBIT template and connecting/

None worked. 

If anyone has had this problem in the past, I'd appreciate some advice, thank you.

Hi @powerbi-dev 

The issue has been fixed , I will change the status to "Delivered" .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
Kaii
Frequent Visitor

any update?

spgarg04
Regular Visitor

We raised a ticket with Microsoft when this issue started, it was a product bug, they resolved it now. Try updating PB desktop version, and republish 

Kaii
Frequent Visitor

Kaii_0-1653067455793.png

looks like is not been fixed Yet.

PedroIDI2

I had the same issue, still not fixed

PedroIDI2_0-1653069201096.png

TheInvisbleHand
Frequent Visitor

FYI this was fixed for me this morning 5/23/22 without making any changes to my PBI file. 

Dimmkins
Regular Visitor

@TheInvisbleHand 

It seems you're true. I loaded my backup versions and didn't observe "dense pool". 

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @powerbi-dev 

The May version of Desktop has been updated. Please update your Desktop version and test again to see if the issue is resolved.

Best Regards,

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @powerbi-dev 

The issue has been fixed , I will change the status to "Delivered" .

Best Regards,