Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Login failed for user '<token-identified principal>'.

Hello,

I have data obtained from a direct query and import from an Azure SQL database. Unfortutely, I cannot refresh my data and display my visuals since I encounter the following error. Please  do you have any advise to solve this issue?

Login failed for user '<token-identified principal>'.. The exception was raised by the IDbConnection interface. Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
  • Activity IDe0cde2c5-7fdd-4875-88e9-3d45705c6f72
  • Request IDb246a75c-f983-6798-7ad7-dc8ce135af5e
  • Correlation ID5cf52574-b687-4ea8-9182-b0862e4240a6
  • TimeThu Jul 30 2020 19:47:12 GMT+0200 (W. Europe Daylight Time)
  • Service version13.0.13960.55
  • Client version2007.3.02011-train
  • Cluster URI  https://wabi-europe-north-b-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Thank you

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous 

Take a look at Configure Azure AD auth and create a support ticket for assistance if necessary.

masaxena
Employee

Hi, I am also facing the same issue, @Anonymous are there particular steps to resolve this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi
Similar issue here.  It has arisen where I've published a PBIX file where the PBIX was built using SQL code.  Error message below

Activity ID: 5b1afbfa-5461-4fc9-9393-94e24c84a592
Request ID: e7535fb1-38a9-f281-a856-f36a92d6e4aa
Correlation ID: 367cb6d3-a6ce-2c82-fbbe-6ffe11df5241
Time: Mon Dec 28 2020 11:30:38 GMT+0000 (Greenwich Mean Time)
Service version: 13.0.15022.68
Client version: 2012.2.04142-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-uk-south-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Michael23

Christian_Heinz
Helper I

Hi,

we have the same issue here since today.

Error message is: "Login failed for user '<token-identified principal>'.. The exception was raised by the IDbConnection interface."

Connecting to Azure SQL Server (and ADX), both not working. Tried to set Basic Auth and AAD Auth, both with same result.

How was your issue above be resolved?

Thank you,

Christian

cmanasseh

same issue and it occurs on one table in the data set and not the others. we have 3 tables in the data set, 2 work fine, only the 3rd table gives this error for any field/column we try to add to the power bi report. We checked, the same error happens when you try to use fields from the same table in Excel when retrieving data from this powerbi dataset.

If we open the dataset in PowerBI, we can use the fields from this table, it is only when trying to connect to this dataset from a power bi report or excel report that does not include the dataset in the same pbix file. 

Trinity365
Frequent Visitor

Any anyone fixed this issue? I am facing the same issue 😞

This data source"{}" is missing credentials. Add the data source credentials by using the dataset settings page.This data source {0} is missing credentials. Add the data source credentials by using the {1}.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Trinity365 go to Settings-> Settings-> Datasets and then choose your dataset. After that add your sql server Username and password under datasource credentials (choose Basic as the authentication Method)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous @cmanasseh @Christian_Heinz @masaxena SOLUTION

Goto the Settings -> Settings -> Datasource Credentials -> Edit Credentials and UNTICK the Report viewer can only access this data source with their own powerbi identities using DirectQuery.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous I have the same issue but your soluction works for me somehow. Thanks

Buchireddy
Employee

Buchireddy_0-1649347845525.png

Similar issue - there are multiple SQL data source connections in my report , how to identify which datasource caused this issue or is this error specific to direct connection data source ?