Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Location not working correctly for Tunis in the map

Hello,

The Tunisian capital doesn't show correctly at the exact spot when I have the stats name put on the Location field. It puts Tunis, the capital supposivly in the north, in the middle of the country as shown below. It gives the same result for ArcGIS & the default map.

Please fix it.

Tunis location.png

Thank you,

Bilel

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

For map visual, you can set the data category of the column as City or State or Province. 

q4.PNG

For ArcGIS map visual, I have reported this issue internally: CRI 182110322. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Qiuyun,

Thank you for the tip, it did fix the Tunis Location as you stated.

Now I have another state mislocated : Béja. There is Beja in Portugal and it's showing that one. They are spelled differently with the é and e. I think it's possible to fix it if they index the right name.

What do you recommande doing?

Thank you,

Bilel

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Béja is a city in Tunisia, so you need to set Data Category as City. See: 

q4.PNG

To increase the likelihood of correct geo-coding, you can add more than one location filed besides. See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-map-tips-and-tricks#in-the-dataset-tips-to-improve-the-underlying-dataset

For the issue regarding ArcGIS map, I got information that you need to contact ArcGIS support team for help.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Qiuyun, it solved it!

Side note: Bèja is a state and a city. There is Bèja city in Bèja state, likewise for Tunis, Mahdia.. That's why all of the other states are flagged State and city. Even though it did fix it, I would recommend to index is as a State as well.

Thank you,

Bilel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun,

Will it possible to index Béja as state as well? we are not able to use Filled map correctly..

Thank you,

Bilel

Mell
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem as you, Béja is not located correctly (it references a place in Portug).

I changed the category to City and I still have the same problem.

How to solve this plz

Mell_0-1665568358377.png