Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Locale Date Time Formats (with *) show as M/d/yyyy in menu (Jan 2018 update)

In Power BI Desktop Jan 2018 release, with a Date or Date/Time field selected in the Fields pane, when you navigate to the Modeling ribbon / Format / Date Time menu, the options at the top (marked with an *) that respect the machine locale now show in US format (e.g. M/d/yyyy) on machines with non-US locales e.g. English (Australia).

This appears to only be a problem in the display of the menu.  When date fields are shown in a visual e.g. a Table, the expected non-US locale is used e.g. d/M/yyyy.  

This issue was introduced with the Jan 2018 update to PBI Desktop.

Comments
Vaillo
Frequent Visitor

It is solved for me now with an English (Australia) Locale

mike_honey
Memorable Member

Yes the new build solved this issue for me, in both Slicer, Table and Matrix visuals. English (Australia) locale.

I think you can close this Issue.

guilhermears
Regular Visitor

Hi, guys!

Dear @v-jiascu-msft 

Problem is not solved with Brazilian Portuguese locale settings.

I'm using Power BI Desktop, version 2.104.941.0 64-bit (april, 2022).

Power BI Desktop VersionPower BI Desktop VersionThe Regional Settings is set to Brazilian Portuguese, both in Global and Current File options.

ERROR Power BI Desktop Date Hierarqhy Regional Settings 2.png

ERROR Power BI Desktop Date Hierarqhy Regional Settings 3.png

By these options, the date format is set to dd/mm/yyyy, witch is correct.

When date is used as Date Hierarchy, all field names and visuals where it's data is used, the expression contents are always in English, ignoring the Regional Settings.

Field example: "Quarter" (in English) should be "Trimestre" (in Portuguese) , "Month" (in English) should be "Mês" (in Portuguese).

Data example (month): "January" (in English) should be "Janeiro" (in Portuguese), and so on.

ExamplesExamples

Need urgently a fix for this issue.

Hope this fix came in next version (may, 2022).

Thanks in advance.