Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

List of Apps in my Organisation using Power BI REST APIs

Hi All,

I am trying to get a list of apps in my organisation using the Power BI rest APIs .

Link to the documentation : Apps - Get Apps - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Docs

I have tried connecting to the URL using Odatafeed and Web connectors but keep facing the "Access is forbidden"

SaiSpandana2811_0-1638449144805.png

When I try with web api it is asking for a key. Can someone please help me how can I continue.

Please can someone assist how I can do that

Hi @SaiSpandana2811 

Please try to copy and paste the following M query to a Blank Query’s Advanced Editor .

vcazhengmsft_0-1638511041794.png

let

getgroups_uri ="https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/apps",

GetGroups = Json.Document(Web.Contents(getgroups_uri,

[

Headers=

[

Authorization="Bearer "& "[replace with your Bear Token]"

],

ManualStatusHandling={400}

]

)),

value = GetGroups[value],

#"Converted to Table" = Table.FromList(value, Splitter.SplitByNothing(), null, null, ExtraValues.Error),

#"Expanded Column1" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Converted to Table", "Column1", {"id", "isReadOnly", "name"}, {"id", "isReadOnly", "name"}),

#"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Expanded Column1",{{"id", "Workspace ID"}, {"name", "Workspace name"}})

in

#"Renamed Columns"

After that, Edit credential at the step named GetGroups with Anonymous Authentication method.

vcazhengmsft_1-1638511041797.png

If you want to dynamically acquire Token, you need extra code.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @SaiSpandana2811 

Please try to copy and paste the following M query to a Blank Query’s Advanced Editor .

vcazhengmsft_0-1638511041794.png

let

getgroups_uri ="https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/apps",

GetGroups = Json.Document(Web.Contents(getgroups_uri,

[

Headers=

[

Authorization="Bearer "& "[replace with your Bear Token]"

],

ManualStatusHandling={400}

]

)),

value = GetGroups[value],

#"Converted to Table" = Table.FromList(value, Splitter.SplitByNothing(), null, null, ExtraValues.Error),

#"Expanded Column1" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Converted to Table", "Column1", {"id", "isReadOnly", "name"}, {"id", "isReadOnly", "name"}),

#"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Expanded Column1",{{"id", "Workspace ID"}, {"name", "Workspace name"}})

in

#"Renamed Columns"

After that, Edit credential at the step named GetGroups with Anonymous Authentication method.

vcazhengmsft_1-1638511041797.png

If you want to dynamically acquire Token, you need extra code.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

SaiSpandana2811
Regular Visitor

@v-cazheng-msft : Thanks for the code, but I keep facing the same error, access to the resource is forbidden .

SaiSpandana2811_0-1638811114160.png

I am also a service admin now. Any pre -requisite steps I need to follow to be able to make this work