Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

List Mode Slicer jumps to top on selection

Hi

I have a situation with List Mode Slicers where, if they are particularly long, when you select one of the options at the bottom of the list, the list jumps back to the top. It's frustrating for users who want to select multiple options.

This appears to happen when there is also a tooltip page.

It happens in both desktop and Power BI Service.

I’m running the latest version of desktop Version: 2.64.5285.741 64-bit (November 2018).

Comments
merryseeker
Frequent Visitor

Any word on a fix for this problem yet?

Long ago I'd seen this behavior and then it worked for a period of time. Now it is back and makes some of our reports aggravating to use, to say the least. I see the behavior in both the desktop  version 2.69.5467.2151 64-bit (May 2019) and the pro service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also seing this issue. Frustrating that it's been such a consistent problem for so many 12+ updates. 

tonyt
Regular Visitor

Having same issue with May 2019 PBIRS release. Users VERY unhappy.

Doesn't occur on Desktop or PBI Service.

Any chance of an update on whether this can be fixed for next PBIRS release?

Thanks.

Stieneke

It's also still occurring with version: 2.70.5494.761 64-bit (June 2019). Power BI Pro on Desktop... 

This is my first report in PowerBI after having used Tableau for years. I'm not really impressed.. How can you provide a decent selection for users if things jump and you can't even see what is selected?

>> edit: just got it to work.. I had a matrix based on which I filtered another matrix, and this second matrix jumped back to the top. When I now changed the first matrix to a slicer, the second matrix now works properly - as in when I now select in it, it does not jump back to the top. Perhaps a good workaround?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I stopped using slicers, but now use the new filter experience. That worked for my users, especially with very long sets since you have the search functionality.

Might be a workaround for others, just wanted to share.

Shelley
Continued Contributor

I have a user on powerbi.com that is having this problem. He was able to select about three pages worth of customer IDs and once he gets beyond that, each selection puts him back to the top of the list. So then he has to scroll all the way down to select the next one and it throws him back to the top of the list. This is extremely tedious and a waste of time. Please help us, Microsoft. He has over 170 to select for this single analysis. We have many of these to do.