Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Line values shows up in bar for Line and stacked column chart

When adding a line to the "Line and stacked column chart", the line value is also shown in each bar as Blank. The bars are correct when no line is present, i.e. only showing the column values. The behavior occurs in both PBI Desktop and in the service. We use live connection to an on-prem SSAS model. The line is a moving average.

This behavior was not present at July 27th. The latest version of Power BI Desktop was published on July 30th (2.83.5894.961), making it plausible that the issues started with this update.

The issue is not present when I reproduce the chart in PBI Desktop RS.

Hovering over a bar. Note "Column data" in the header.Hovering over a bar. Note "Column data" in the header.

Hovering over the line. Note the line value.Hovering over the line. Note the line value.

Hovering over the Blank bar. Note that the tooltip reads "Line data" instead of Column data and that the amount is identical to the line valueHovering over the Blank bar. Note that the tooltip reads "Line data" instead of Column data and that the amount is identical to the line value

The cart reproduced in PBI Desktop RS (January 2020). The Blank bar is not present.The cart reproduced in PBI Desktop RS (January 2020). The Blank bar is not present.

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@henrikj 

I tried the latest version and it seems to work fine for me. Recreate the visual and raise a support ticket for assistance if necessary.

henrikj
Advocate II

The data source is a multi-dimensional cube. The issue is not present with live connection to the same data in a tabular cube. 

I suggest that you test this using an MD cube. We will shortly switch the data source in the report to the tabular cube and won't pursue this issue further.