Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Line chart visual problem when filtering data with funnel chart on the web application

Hi,

I have a line chart visualizing daily average values for price. I also have a funnel chart where each bar represents the weekly average of the price. When pressing a bar on the funnel chart, the line chart neatly zooms to that week, or at least it does on the desktop app. 

When the report is published on the Power BI website in an App or viewed inside a workspace, the same functionality somehow brakes. Now the zoomed line chart zooms too much, so that large parts of the line are out of bounds, or it plots some points on the charts at wrong places randomly in relation to the Y-axis. E.g. an individual datapoint with a value of 52usd is plotted at 45usd in the zoomed version of the chart. 

I can't figure out what is going wrong, as everything is working perfectly on the desktop app.

Anyone got an idea or is this a bug?

Comments
Boogie
Regular Visitor

I have the same bug with line and clustered column chart.

Sometimes the error is corrected with the creation of a new graph, but we have so many reports that it is impossible to make all the graphics again.

Example with line chart:

1.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @LTH@Boogie

Would you please share a pbix file with some dummy data for us to reproduce the issue? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Boogie
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Link to an example report. In the desktop application it works correctly, but in the online version it is not.

SanderB
Frequent Visitor

I think I have the same error with the line chart. Online the report is not correct en showing the incorrect datapoints, but mouse-over gives the correct values.

Desktop version has no problems

See: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Line-Chart-online-bug-desktop-is-ok/idi-p/443506

Boogie
Regular Visitor

Hello @v-qiuyu-msft,

Any news on the issue? Did you reproduce it?

jbaideme
Advocate II

Same issue here.

None of the recommendations have helped: recreating charts, reuploading report, reinstalling desktop and then reuploading, clearing cache, different browser... nada. 

Please fix! This is crazy. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ever get a resolution to this issue or find a work-around? We are experiencing the same issue. The issue only occurs in the Service. The reports were developed in the most recent version of Power BI Desktop. Our reports use the live connection data feature (live connection to SSAS Tabular).

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

We had this same issue, but today everything seems to be fine. Looks like Microsoft moved a change to the Power BI Service over the weekend correcting the issue. @LTH could you please re-test?