Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Line chart showing up as 2 lines

Hi All,

The line chart is not showing up as two separate lines for a date axis.
The date is coming from a date master table which may have gaps in the date entries. Currently I have 2 nd ,9th and 11th of April as entries. 
This is the Measure I'm using : 

MissingPhotosSum = var a =sum(Photos[MissingPhotos])
return IF(ISBLANK(a),0,a)

The Photos and Date Master tables are related via DateID column. This was working fine and coming up as a single line till last week.
Please help.

image.png

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Is it possible for you to share a pbix file? If it is, please remove sensitive data in the report, upload pbix file to your OneDrive for Business then paste the share link here. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft  The issue is fixed now. The Date Master table had entries which was not in a sorted order.
ie DateID 1 corresponds to 11 Apr, 2 - 2nd April and 3 - 9th April.
And the Date master table was sorted on the DateID column.
After changing the default sort of the table to the date column, issue was resolved.

Just a followup question from my side, does the X axis of a chart take into consideration the default sort of the table when the axis is set to continous?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I'm afraid it's not supported currently. Based on my test, if the chart X axis is continuous type, the sort feature is not available for the chart. For your requirement, I would suggest you post an idea here: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu