Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Line and stacked column chart -relative date filtering NOT obeyed when pinned in dashboard

I have a line and stacked column chart with dates along the x-axis.  I use a visual level filter on the date, using the 'relative date filter' option.  This works perfectly fine.

I have then pinned this visual to a dashboard, and it looks great, and the data updates.  However, over time I have realized that the 'relative' part of the date filter is not being updated.  So instead of seeing the last 60 days in my dashboard, I may now see the last 90, 95, or 120 - based on when the visual was pinned.

It seems like the relative date filter is hard-setting a 'minimum'/'start' date for the chart - which is not getting updated while the visual is pinned to a dashboard.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @bplost,

I have created the same visual with visual level filter last 10 days (included today checked), as today is 8/14/2018, it displays data start from 8/5/2018. I will check tomorrow if the data starts from 8/6/2018. 

q6.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @bplost,

I checked it again today, the dashboard tile shows data start from 8/5/2018. But once I click Refresh dashboard tiles, the tile displays data start from 8/6/2018. I will check if dataset refresh can get he tile updated tomorrow . 

I would suggest you click this button to see if tile update data. Also you can refresh dataset then check tile data after refresh is completed. 

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @bplost,

Based on my test, after the dataset refresh is successful, the visual level filter for the tile is working to update tile. Please ensure you have scheduled refresh for the dataset each day. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu