Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Line and clustered column chart scale sync issue on Service

Scale synchronization still works fine from Power BI Desktop.

Once published on Power BI Service, same chart displays columns on a secondary scale even if the option is not activate.

Issue is observed since April 22nd.

Comments
jane01
Frequent Visitor

We are seeing this issue on our tenant as well - fine in Desktop.

I came across this old post - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Shared-Y-Axis-no-longer-functioning-for-a-Line-and-Column-Ch... 

Removing my zeroed axis (same as mentioned in comment) worked for us as well however this is a major concern as we are often encouraging our authors to zero their axis.

Definitely want to hear more about whether there is a plan in place to fix this bug.

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

I tested on my side but not able to reproduce the issue, Can you explain with some screenshots?

and it will be a great help that you could share a sample pbix file.

Regards,

Lin

robertarnason
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue and it seems to only happen on graphs that at some point have a line value of 0, I've tried to set start and end to 0 for both axis and that did not help in my case.

I tried adding 0.01 to my measure and that seems to have worked. However, it does not quite feel right to skew my numbers just to make this work properly, although I will probably make due with that for now.

remy_guitton
Advocate I

Hi, thanks very much for the workaround of switching back start values to 0, tested successfully.

This will allow proper rendering waiting for the issue to be fixed.

Here are the screenshots showing effect on a sample report.
Without issue, bars and line are on common scale:

remy_guitton_0-1619517780299.png

With the issue, observed even when "Show secondary" option is not activated, observed when "Start" value is set at 0 instead of Auto:

remy_guitton_1-1619517932178.png

remy_guitton
Advocate I

In the end, on our original chart in prod, which displays 2 column series and 7 line series, the workaround does not work.

It seems we randomly get the issue back when the number of metrics in the chart increases.

So eagerly waiting for a fix from MS of this regression on the service.

jane01
Frequent Visitor

Note that the work around in my earlier comment is to remove the axis being set at zero - i.e. leaving it to auto set itself (definitely not an ideal situation)

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

1.JPG2.JPG

could you please share your sample pbix file for us have a test?

and also try to use latest version power bi desktop to have a test.

Regards,

Lin

PoppyB
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

sorry to highjack this post, but we are having a very similar issue. 

The Y axis when set to auto is stopping far too low and cutting off most of my data. This doesn't happen in the Desktop version, only when published. 

Power BI service: 

PoppyB_0-1619617027513.png

Same chart in Power BI Desktop:

PoppyB_1-1619617079724.png

I've tried setting the Y axis to start and zero and tried leaving it auto. The only way I can make it show the full data is to add a secondary axis, but this is not the requirement. Please advise if this is a bug and will be fixed. I am getting a lot of questions!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here. It is working fine in desktop with services scale is not working.

When setting the start of the y-axis to auto fixes the problem for now.

Online version (y-axis start: 0 end: auto):

scale-issue-service.jpg

Desktop version (y-axis start:0 end: auto):

scale-issue-service-desktop.jpg

When setting y-axis to auto/auto both online and desktop work:

scale-issue-service-auto-scale.jpg

Deez
Advocate I

I have the same issue since April 2021 update.

I use Zoom sliders instead.

On the Power BI Service, it does not display correctly using the Zoom Slider (Since the update but used to be fine prior to the update).

Deez_1-1619707824430.png

If I turn off the zoom slider it seems to display correctly.

Deez_0-1619707791322.png

If I download the exact same file from the Power BI service and open it in Power BI Desktop, it displays as expected with the current setup.

Another Fix (For me - Considering I have used the zoom slider) is if I resize the Line and clustered column visual and make it vertically smaller - The visual displays correctly.

Does this help?

@Rem @Anonymous @PoppyB @v-lili6-msft @jane01