Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Line and Stacked Column Chart - Missing Sorting

When using a line and stacked column chart in the desktop client I can sort by the line value. When I publish the report to my online workspace I lose the option to sort by line value including losing my existing sort.

Desktop

DesktopDesktop

Online (Web Portal)Online (Web Portal)

Hi All,

According to my research, a similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned. ICM: 274150525

In the latest update message, the ETA_for_Fix is 12/5/2021.

I will update here once I get any information.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same problem.  Seemingly overnight my published Line/Stack Column charts broke online and went to some default sorting, which is NOT what I published and was working fine for weeks.  

Everything works fine in PBI Desktop, but once it's published the line field I have been sorting by is no longer in the "Sort" option in the online version.

J_Glees
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue. I have a pareto chart, the end result hangs on the ability to sort by the line value which was working fine untill 17 Nov 2021 when the published report changed the sorting and it's not possible to revert to the original design in the desktop app.

Web service / published report: 

J_Glees_0-1637217789364.png

Desktop version:

J_Glees_1-1637217830191.png

I hope there is a fix or answer to this because I can't find any temporary resolutions and have published this for a client so have pressure to fix it and i'm completely at a loss as to how.  

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi,

Would you like to post a download link of the pbix file with this issue without the sensitive data if it’s possible and we can help you to check if it’s an existing issue in the Power BI?

I also suggest you to make sure you have updated to the latest version of the Power BI Desktop and publish the report again to check if the problem can disappear.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Paul_N
Regular Visitor

@v-robertq-msft ,

Attached is a made up simple dashboard where in my desktop client I can sort by line value but when published online it losses that sort and doesn't give the option to sort by the line value.

Desktop

Paul_N_0-1637249010714.png

Paul_N_1-1637249112762.png

Link to pbix: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qrWntnVdUvnzZ3LGkvfAcFCCQmXkxOXv/view?usp=sharing

J_Glees
Frequent Visitor

I've taken the same approach and just created a sample scenario:

Desktop:

J_Glees_0-1637251047723.png

Once Published:

J_Glees_1-1637251109435.png

Link to file: https://technichegroup-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/p/jessica_gleeson/EXpyQJYLMEdNiIwb40u-6KY... 

bh65
Advocate I

I got the same issue with all my "Pareto"-reports in PBI service. The sorting option for measures related to the secondary y-axis is gone in PBI Service since this week. 
In Power BI Desktop everything looks fine, like I am used to since months.

In Power BI Service: the sorting function is gone for measures related the 2nd y-axis.
pareto2.png

This behaviour is new. The reports worked fine in the past. Didn't touch them since months.

hwong
Advocate I

I just got off a call with Power BI support and I was told that the issue has been identified and a fix will roll out in my Power BI region (US East 2) on December 4, and to verify the fix on December 5.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi All,

According to my research, a similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned. ICM: 274150525

In the latest update message, the ETA_for_Fix is 12/5/2021.

I will update here once I get any information.

Best Regards,