Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Line Chart, Y-Axis, Start: Start 0 does not work, if all series only contain 0 values

Start 0 does not work for line charts if all the values in the chart are 0. See attached screenshot.

deals.PNG

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@ChristianW

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 42618818
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@ChristianW

I’ve got response from the Product Team.

If all values are the same we execute special logic to show at least 3 tick values. Setting an End value will work, I set start to 0 and end to 1 and the repro example worked fine with 3 zero values. The fallback behavior for all-same-values is By Design right now and we have no immediate plans to change this.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

ChristianW
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

setting an End value is not an option for us. Why does this work with an End value but not with a Start value? Couldn't this be changed to still showing 3 tick values but with the lowest tick value equal to the  Start value?

pattersonm8
Helper II

this makes no sense, if set as start at zero should start at zero . . . 

Ivayla
Frequent Visitor

we are having the same problem. If the values are zero, the axis does not start from 0. Has anyone been able to resolve this issue? 

Ivayla_0-1625117519404.pngIvayla_1-1625117546332.png

009co
Helper IV

This is more about esthetics than logic.

When line chart has no data, the -1, 0, 1 default y-axis values just looks bad or weird. It looks like something is in error or otherwise unexpected has happened.

It would just look better with 0, 1 y-axis values or 0, 1, 2 y-axis values if your logic requires three points.

The sensible way to let user to make this choice is to allow setting Start = 0, to force  chart that has no data to show 0, 1 y-axis values or 0, 1, 2 y-axis values if your logic requires three points.

(I am using Version: 2.100.684.0 64-bit (December, 2021))

melodyhglasgow
Regular Visitor

I am also having this issue.  Has there been any resolution?  Having a y-axis go from -100% to +100% for something that can't be negative % look really unprofessional in my dashboard.

SLpang
Frequent Visitor

Hi all,

Has this issue been resolved by Microsoft? I am having this issue that the axis auto switch back to -100% to +100% like the above, when the data is showing all-same-value. This default setting is really bad. 

Any way to escalate to Microsoft to fix it?

Cheers,

SL