Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Line Chart Markers Are Cut Off

When using the Line Chart at low sizes with line markers and using auto-size on the Y-axis, the top and bottom markers get cut off. It seems the auto-size doesn't take into account the size of the markers.

Chart with line markers cut off

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous,

In your scenario, the line chart is too small to show the top and bottom markers.

I would recommend you set start value and end value  for Y-axis, and turn on responsive option under General.

1.PNG2.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately using a static range won't be possible as the range can change over time, the numbers just happen to be in a small range for this month.

I've also noticed that it doesn't just happen at low size visuals, it happens at any size where you have markers and no Y-axis. This seems like a bug.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous,

I got response from PG:

It’s not a bug, that’s just how it has always worked. We have talked about giving users an option to scale the axis to fit the markers, but haven’t heard enough user feedback to prioritize it.

You can vote up the following idea.
https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/35209861-markes-in-line-chart-not-fully-shown 

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Delivered

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuezhe-msft Thanks for asking them. With respect though, them saying "that’s just how it has always worked" doesn't mean it isn't a bug, it just means it's a bug that no one has fixed yet. It displays incorrectly with settings available to a user - that's a bug.