Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Line Chart Forecast Throws An Error On Power BI Online Service

Hello Team,

I have a simple line chart that shows sales for the last three years and then I added the trend line from the analytics tab and

I also have added a forecast trend line. It was working for the last two weeks then suddenly, it stopped working,  get this error below:-

MohanadMustafa_0-1649698524436.png

If I download the report to my computer, and use power bi desktop app, the line chart works just fine, the forecast works and I don't get any error, it only stopped working on the cloud service in Power BI this morning.

I am thinking this is a bug, I also have used a different dataset completely and tried replicating the issue and the line chart right away throws an error when I try to add the forecast line. The trend line is fine, its the forecast that drives the entire visual to throw an error and fail to display result.

Note: I do have a Power BI Pro license

Any suggestions please!

Thank you

Mohanad 

Currently this issue should be fixed already in Power BI Service as far as I know and test, please check it again.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
raomohsin54
Regular Visitor

Same here. 

Throws an error when forecasting 

raomohsin54_0-1650421401716.png

NoelGrieve
Frequent Visitor

Good day,

I am also getting the same error from this morning. I have removed the forecast for now

Thanks for keeping us updated

Noel

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have the same issue. My question is; can we do anything else to expedite the resolution or bring the right attention to it? Is there another forum or site where we can submit a bug of some sort?

I have a bunch of embed codes living on a public facing web page which are all broken at this time...not a good look.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same experience for me as well.  

sbrown
Regular Visitor

I am experiencing the same issue will all my graphs with forecasts. I am also having refresh issues with the reports with this feature. 

kkapadia

I have been facing the same issue in the dashboard that is LIVE and used by stakeholders 😞 

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Update:

The fix would be released in recent for Power BI Service, so stay tuned.

Currently the temporary workarounds that users can try:

1. Recreate the Line chart visual without the Forecasting feature and the visual will load as expected
  2. Move the report to premium workspace

Best Regards,

Mohanad-Mustafa
Advocate III

@v-yingjl , thanks for your kind feedback, please advise when the update is deployed and issue is fixed so we can test things on our end as well

James_DA
Regular Visitor

@v-yingjl 

Thankyou for the information you provided. Can you lets us know what you mean by "The fix would be released in recent". Do you mean this will be fixed in the May update?

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Currently the fix for this issue has been deployed in some clusters, but it still needs time to be deployed for the global, the expected ETA for it is before the end of 2022/4/28 UTC time.

Best Regards,