Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Limitation on number of folder that can be fetched from Azure Datalake Store into PowerBI

I've a PowerBI dashboard that fetches data from the Azure Data Lake (ADL) and create charts. 

For each day, data is generated in ADL (as separate folder) and folder is labeled as the date when it was generated. For example: I've folders in ADL as 2019-04-03, 2019-04-04, 2019-04-05 and so on. Each folder contains multiple files.

PowerBI fetches this folder and generates report. My question is while fetching data from the ADL to PowerBI is there any limitation on number of folders that can be feched. I found out recently that report is not getting updated after 9th April 2019 (Data fetching started from 15th November 2018). I verified in the ADL that there is data until April 23 2019. Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Comments
v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @aznaik ,

I didn't find any document mentioned about the limitation to the number of folders that can be fetched from Azure Data Lake Storage into Power BI. 

Was data not updated in both desktop and service? If you reduce the data loaded into Power BI, does problem persist?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

aznaik
Employee

Was data not updated in both desktop and service? - Yes

If you reduce the data loaded into Power BI, does problem persist? - I'm not sure if I understand this fully whether you are asking reduce the number of files in each folder or reduce the number of folders.