Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Legend colors differ for multiple plots on mobile

I have a Power BI report that has two bar charts, each having the same x-axis and legend fields. I have a visual-level filter on each plot for the top 5 legend items by the value of the y-axis field. If the report is accessed in Power BI Desktop or online through the service, the colors of the legend items match. While the top 5 legend items may differ for the two plots, the colors do match.

On mobile (either portrait or landscape view) this is not the case, and the legend colors are different if the legend items are different for the two plots. We have observed this on a Samsung Galaxy S8 and iPhone (using the most recent update of the app).

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Is it possible for your to share a sample pbix file? If it is, please remove sensitive data in the report, then upload the pbix file to your OneDrive and paste the share link here. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I had to create an new report with the data (manually entered) organized similarly. I will personally message you with the onedrive link to my pbix file, if that is okay (the link reveals my organization and other details). Please let me know if you cannot access it.

I am observing the legend color issue with this example report as well. That is, the legend colors for the two plots match (in terms of legend item) on Power BI Desktop and online but not on mobile (using the most recent version of the app). Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Here is a link to a sample report I created which I do experience the issue with. On Desktop/online the legend color/item pairs match for both plots, but on mobile they do not. 

https://vitroonline-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/pvyas_vitro_com/EWSG7OGo1IJHuuThcilGEZEBkFnxQMU...

Thanks!

P.S. I think it would be useful to allow uploading PBIX files with an Issues post directly (as you might a photo), although I realize that might necessitate some security measures.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Thank you for your detail information. I have reported this issue internally: CRI 125243381. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft ,

In the meantime, is there any possible workaround, other than manually setting the colors for all the legend items?

Thank you.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I go information that:

"I'm pushing the fix. This solves difference between legend colors in charts in the same report. The fix should be available to external customers in 3-4 weeks after passing validation on internal environments.

There is still might be difference in colors between devices"

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu