Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Labels appearing differently on Service

I have an issue using the donut visual:

the first graphic shows the visual as it was designed on desktop, it shows up great in white against the color backround

Power BI desktopPower BI desktop

The second shows the visual on service where the text has changed to black and is hard to read with the backround. This problem is not unique to this project. it happens on all donut charts where "prefer outside" is used for labels

power BI servicepower BI service

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @dennissheehan,

Would you please share a pbix file with some dummy data with us? You can upload it to your OneDrive or Dropbox, post the shared link here. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

dennissheehan
Frequent Visitor

no problem. I will get a code sampple today. Sorry I missed your message. In the meantime I changed the color to orange which displayed correctly

Capture.PNG

dennissheehan
Frequent Visitor

This is a link to sample file which has the same problem. white on gey in desktop and black on grey online

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b7omp7b5odfjpsb/sample.pbix?dl=0

Thanks for your interest

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @dennissheehan,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Please update your Power BI desktop to the latest version as ours then republish the report. 

q7.PNGq8.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

dennissheehan
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for all your help. Since the update the colors are appearing the same on desktop and service. If I use the defualt color for labels it appears dark grey on outside labels and white on inside labels which works great. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @dennissheehan,

In your sample pbix file, data label color is default. Not sure what you mean about "If I use the default color for labels it appears dark grey on outside labels and white on inside labels which works great."

w2.PNG

Is it the issue resolved now? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

dennissheehan
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @v-qiuyu-msft This issue is now resolved

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @dennissheehan,

As the issue is resolved now, may I close this thread? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu