Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LIne and clustered column chart conditional formating values

Hi

Bug: when more than one field is placed into "column values",you will   find  the options to set Contitional format for line and clustered column chart  disappeared. Is it a bug or it has to be? doesnt make any sense

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@jja ,

I have made a test but could not reproduce this issue. Could still use conditional formatting in some section like background color as below. Please check if power bi desktop has been updated to the latest version.

Capture.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

jja
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @v-yuta-msft 

I do not want to format background i want to conditionaly format column colors in the Data colors section.

See conditional formating is missing

data colors.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem too. It was there the last time I used it. Is it because of powerbi desktop version?

adeptus2008
Frequent Visitor

Hi! I am on the July 2020 version from store.
And Im also having problem with conditional formatting, in the Data colors section. Where is the field of conditional formatting?? And even no any hidden "three dots" for it.

bug.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, 

I found the conditional formatting button...

You have to remove the measures you place for "line", then the button will appear. 

After you change the conditional formatting rules/colours, you can put back your measures under "line". Not sure why we have to do it...but it's so inconvenient. It's making me spend more time doing adjustments. 

I am thinking it might be due to the latest changes in July 2020. https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-july-2020-feature-summary/

adeptus2008
Frequent Visitor

@Anonymous Wow! Thank you! And totally agree with you.