Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Key Influencer Visual Column names are not renamed

Hi All

Bug description: Renaming fields in "explain by" section is not reflected in Key influencers visual.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Add key influencer visual to canvas
  2. Add numeric to Analyze section
  3. Add 1-n fields to Explain by section
  4. Doubleclick field in Explain by section and rename to another name
  5. Column name is still the same as before in results view in Key influencer visual
Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

2020-01-15 14_04_20-Error Report Key Influencer Visual - Power BI Desktop_LI.jpg

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Based on my test in Power BI desktop version 2.76.5678.782 64-bit (December 2019), I'm not able to reproduce the issue. Please test again with the same Power BI desktop version as ours. 

q3.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msftHi Quiyun Yu

I did used 2.76.5678.782 64-bit (December 2019).

I think I found the issue. Can you try to use a summarized field/measure for the "Explain by" field? It behaves differently than with columns.

Renaming with columns works, renaming for summarized fields/measures does not work IMHO.

Thanks,

Sven

2020-01-17 10_25_27-Error Report Key Influencer Visual2.png2020-01-17 10_25_27-Error Report Key Influencer Visual3.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Thank you for your detail information. I can reproduce it on my side as well. Will report it internally. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 171708742. Will keep you update here. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I got information below:

"We have created a bug to track this.

As a workaround, the customer can set 'Do no summarize' on that field and the analysis will do the same thing and renaming will work."

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to see this bug fixed soon.

I tried your workaround but it didn't worked for two reasons:

• Can't be applied to measures as they are aggregated by nature (no "do not summarize" option)
  • With a summarized field that I tried, the visual reacted differently: Results appeared with Sum aggregation, but no results appeared with "do not summarize".

No aggregationNo aggregation

Sum aggregationSum aggregation

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I have delivered your concern internally, will keep you update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I got the information that 

"The workaround will work when the field in the 'Analyze' bucket is not summarized and it is not a measure. The second scenario has a measure in the 'Analyze' bucket. We ran into this issue as well when investigating the original issue and will address this as part of the fix of the original issue. The target currently for this fix is June release."

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu