Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KPI visualization displaying 0 for first year in trendline

Hi!

I have a very simple table showing a percentage change YoY for three years:

% data screencap.GIF

When I use the KPI visualization to display progress vs target, however, the first year on the trendline starts at 0%:

KPI viz screencap.GIF

Regardless of how I reformat the table, I can't get the first year to display as a higher value. Currently I have the value column (percent of total) formatted as a decimal number formatted as a percentage.

I've used the KPI viz many times and never come across this before. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Jeff

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

This is expected. The trend axis doesn't start from actual indicator value if the first trend is ascending, you can refer to this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-kpi

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-qiuyu-msft, unless I'm missing something on that page, I don't see anything overtly stated that as listed behavior for the KPI visualization. In fact the KPI chart demoed in the video on the page has an ascending trend and is not starting at a zero point. Thanks again, Jeff

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I would like to correct my answer in my previous post. Smiley Happy

After some research, I found the first year on the trend line doesn't start at 0%. The trend shows the trend of the column "Percent of total" values based on Fiscal Year. As you can see the first year 2016, the corresponding "Percent of total" value 17.3% is the minimum value of the column "Percent of total", the trend point is lowest in the trend line. If you add another record for year 2019 with "Percent of total" value less than 17.3%, eg: 11.2%. Then go to the KPI visual, you will see the first year 2016 trend point is not lowest one, as 2019 year has minimum value. 

w1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu