Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KPI font size becomes very small when the report is published

The standard visualization KPI gets a normal font size in power BI desktop. When the desktop report gets published however the KPI font size decreases to very small numbers both in the report and app formats. I've tried the published report/app in chrome, exploerer, edge and the power BI mobile app but the size is very small everywhere.

Comments
cj1905
Advocate II

If you enter "edit report" mode in the service the KPI visual now has an option to change the font size, which is defaulting to 10. However the option to change the font size hasn't been enabled in power bi desktop..!

dittmk

I have no solution - but I believe something may have been released to the service which isn't an option for the desktop - namely this font size for the KPI visual. 

Seems like I can't upload a photo anymore - not my day I guess - so what I see is if you click the KPI - then the paint roller - then Indicator - you'll have a text size there. Which for me is set to 8 - about what it shows as on the screen. 

On the desktop version - this font size is not an option. 

So i'll bet that what's happening is that it's picking up the default size from our custom json file (which is 8 for me) now whereas before it was not doing that.

@v-yulgu-msft  - can you investigate with those additional details? 

Regular Visitor

@dittmk  you're right, but  if you change size from our custom json file, you ruin the size of all the dash board,   my code json is;  

I dialed code whit change, but I could not do it well

Someone,  how know i should modify??

{
    "name": "Sunflower Twilight",
    "dataColors": ["#E98300","#004165","#A2AD00","#B9C9D0","#CD202C","#7D9AAA","#A2AD00","#FECB00"],
    "background":"#FFFFFF",
    "foreground": "#004165",
    "tableAccent": "#E98300",
	"visualStyles":{
        "*":{
                "*":[{
                    "responsive":true,
				    "wordWrap":true,
                    "fontSize":18
                }],
			    "wordWrap":[{
				    "show":true
                }],
                "labels":[{
                    "show":true,
                    "labelOrientation":"vertical"
                }],
                "categoryAxis":[{
                    "showAxisTitle":true
                }],
                "valueAxis":[{
                    "showAxisTitle":true
                }]
		    }
	    },
	    "scatterChart":{
			    "fillPoint":[{
				}]
		    }
	    },
        "card":{
                }],
                "categoryLabels":[{
                }]
            }
        },
        "donutChart":{
                "legend":[{
                }],
                    "labelStyle": "Percent of total"
                }]
            }
        },
        "pieChart":{
                "legend":[{
                }],
                    "labelStyle": "Percent of total"
                }]
            }
        }
    }
 }
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ 

"kpi":{
			 "indicator":[
				{
					"fontSize":48
				}
			]
		 }
	  },

to our .json file but nothing happened. Seems like the KPI visualization is locked for editing.

The workaround we are currently using is to manually increase the size of he KPIs in the webb but it would be even better for us if the bug could get fixed and we could get the option in desktop to change the font size of the KPI as we can online.

Bset regards,

Inas

dittmk

Is there any update here, @v-yulgu-msft ? Many of us have provided additional information about the source of the troubles... this is being widely reported at my organization today - it would be nice to be able to provide information from Microsoft about when this will be fixed.

2019-04-17_15-15-53.jpgHere's a screenshot of the formatting option which is suddenly available on powerbi.com but not available in the April 2019 release of the desktop.

Thanks!

Kelly

Regular Visitor

Thank for nothign!! @v-yulgu-msft  

My best solution is change theme to default and  set up one by one each display!!! 

your support are Wanker!!!!

v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi all,

I have reported this issue internally CRI: 116782839. Would update here once I get any response.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi all,

The code that fixes this issue (and aligns with the code update in the April release) is currently rolling out to the production service cluster, fix will land on productive cluster by EOW.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi all,

I got response from PG as follows:

Using triple wildcard, e.g. "*" "*" "*" "fontSize", is not recommended. KPI visual never had a font size option, which many users were complaining about. The fix to allow fontSize for KPI Indicator text was added recently and will be in the next Desktop release (early May).

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

This issue has has been resolved in Prod on 5/1.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu