Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KPI Visual not displaying 'Goal' & 'Variance' when report is scheduled and received by Email

Hi,

I have developed a report in PBI Desktop and have been using the KPI Visuals.

The frustration is that when this report is scheduled and sent out by email on refresh, the KPI Visual is not displaying all the data.

The 'Goal:' & the Variance section completely does not appear and the actual value is displaying enlarged and there almost looking like it is coming off the border.

IMPORTANT: Another thing worth noting, which is very important and needed for Power BI to be an untoucable competitor is more effort in the distribution of reports through email. Unfortunatley not all organisations have grasped the concept of self service (jump in to cloud and track, monitor, discover, etc.). When i export to PDF from PBI Desktop, the reports are beautiful, sharp and very appealing, when i open the attachement sent be email through Subscriptions, it completely takes everything i mentioned away.

Thanks,

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. When you receive the email, have you accessed the report to see if the same visual in the report also has this issue? 

Does the issue happen to the subscribe for this specific report or all reports? Which data source does this report get data from? Would you please share the screenshots about KPI in email and report? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @v-qiuyu-msft,

When you receive the email, have you accessed the report to see if the same visual in the report also has this issue? 

- After i receive the email, i have accessed the report and the KPI visual in the report displays as expected

Does the issue happen to the subscribe for this specific report or all reports? Which data source does this report get data from?  

- This occurs for this report only, as i am only using the KPI visual in this report.

- In PBI Desktop, i am Importing data from Analysis Services using an MDX Code.

By the way after some research, i found this same issue posted with a reply:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Subription-Email-does-not-show-the-goal-of-a-KPI/idi-p/24986...

However, am i right to say that this issue will be resolved at the end of the Year??

Thanks,

Laz

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

It seems the same issue is occuring for the KPI Visual when you export to PowerPoint!

The Goal and Variance is not appearing.