Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

June/July Release not showing built-in visuals

When updating from May to June release, I lost about half of my built-in visuals (also missing all custom visuals).  I tried to refresh the data and reconnect to the data, neither worked.  When I drag a measure or column out of the visual and redrag it into the visual, the visual comes back.  I did this for an entire 8 page report, then saved the file.  After I closed and reopened the pbix file, the visuals were gone again!  I uninstalled the current version and reinstalled the May release and all of my visuals returned.  Please help, I do not want more releases to come out without this issue being fixed and I am forced to stay on the May 2017 release.

Thanks.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@benla

Do you have any other machine installed the latest June release? If yes, could you please try to open the PBIX in another machine to see if it is machine specific?

Please also try to publish the report to Power BI Service to see if the visuals show properly in Service. If yes, please try to download the PBIX from Service and then open the downloaded PBIX file to see the result.

If issue still persists, could you please enable tracing in Power BI Desktop and share the traces to me? You can upload the traces to online file service like OneDrive.

June Release not showing built-in visuals_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

benla
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

Hi Herbert,

I tried opening the file in another machine with the latest Power BI release and saw the same issue.  Each instance had random visuals missing.

I then published to the Power BI Service and all of the visuals are visible.  When downloading that published file and opening in Power BI client application, the visuals disappear again.  After uninstalling the June release and reinstalling the May release, the visuals return.

Here are the trace logs you requested:

Log 1

Log 2

benla
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

Hi Herbert,

I just updated to the July release and now ALL of my visuals are gone.  The issue has gotten worse! 😞

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@benla

What is your data source here, through Import or Direct Query? Is there any error message when the visuals are lost? Could you please post a screenshot for the repro?

Best Regards,
Herbert

benla
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

We are connecting live to a tabular model in Azure Analysis Services.  This is the error I am receiving in June and July versions:

DashboardAfter.png

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@benla

There is an existing issue which reported to Power BI Team internally: CRI 41860903
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

There is a new PBI Desktop version published on 7/12/2017. You can also try with it to see if it helps.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

benla
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft 

I updated to the 2nd July release last week and have been trying to reproduce the issue but so far so good.  After about 4 days everything seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for the help.