Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

June 2019 Update broke PBI Data Source

Hi All,

Installed the June 2019 Update, and can no longer correctly edit the data source.

The Data Source is a folder on Sharepoint containing workbooks.

Previously I would get a narrow UI that showed all the accessible Sharepoint Folders, and within one folder I could add

workbooks and build up multiple datasets.

Now when I edit the datasource, it shows only a "Create Report" wide UI and wipes out my existing report, and can only select 1 workbook.

Any ideas?

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried Get data - Sharepoint Folder.

Definitely broken.  This used to provide a clickable set of links, to navigate to subfolders and select files.

Now it just shows a table of files at the top level,one per row, lots of detail, nothing clickable to navigate the heirarchy. 

v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you mean the navigate as below? 

1.PNG

If so, after connecting to SharePoint, you should click "Combine & edit" button at the bottom. 

This is by design, it will list all files available in that group, regardless of location. This might be a pretty long list, so we should do some filtering on the “Folder Path” column and select the folder where your data is being stored so you only get the files from it.

2.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Yuliana,

Thanks for your reply. After much work, I discovered the filtering that you suggest, and found out to click on the "Binary", and loaded the data OK. SO different looking and working to the previous UI that it appeared broken.

I wrote this up for future users if anyone needs it, email to Geoffrey.Speedy@dhhs.vic.gov.au

requesting the steps to load Excel in Sharepoint to PBI.

Cheers

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

Installed the June 2019 Update, and can no longer correctly edit the data source.

The Data Source is a folder on Sharepoint containing workbooks.

Previously I would get a narrow UI that showed all the accessible Sharepoint Folders, and within one folder I could add

workbooks and build up multiple datasets.

Now when I edit the datasource, it shows only a "Create Report" wide UI and wipes out my existing report, and can only select 1 workbook.

Any ideas?

Geoff Speedy