Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

June 2019 Update - Light Theme

Hi,

The new light theme pane is giving me headaches. I do not think you should have released the June 2019 Update with the light theme without a dark one. It is really hard for me to read and impacting my work.

Please send out a patch with the old pane while you are developing the dark theme.

Comments
SSF_GB
Frequent Visitor

This tinkering (I use the word loosely) has also had the knock on effect of clearing all your styled filter panes.  If like me, you have had to change the look of the filter experience, then double check, because on mine all formatting has been lost meaning duplicated work to get my corporate look back.

Added to a "light" environment - my eyes are bleeding.

Way to go Microsoft.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jdp215 Glad it was helpful! If you could maybe edit your original post and add the "solution", it'll have more visibility/won't get lost in the comments. Cheers!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all,

I got below updated information from PG team: 

"We made this change to align with the color scheme and look & feel of Office. These are the same colors as Excel. We are planning on adding a dark mode to the product but no timeline to share at this point."

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

SSF_GB
Frequent Visitor

Pretty poor response to be honest.

kevnotec
Advocate I

Why the same as Excel?

Why not the same as Visual Studio / SSMS / SSDT, which are the environments most data professionals are used to?

cmihiripenna
Regular Visitor

Very poor response. Not sure how to win developer's trust when such open ended response is given. Think development team should be more responsible.

Anonymous
Not applicable

To which I call BS. There is a Dark theme which I can find when I go to Excel's options.

excelpng.PNG

RickG2
Advocate I

It's the same as Excel because the target audience is Office 365 users, not professional developers.

Even though I don't like the like light theme, I do under the intent behind it.   That said, Office does have a Dark Gray theme (it's the one I use) and I would have preferred that the theme change to Power BI was held off until the same choice was available there.

paulalmond91
Helper II

@RickG2 wrote:

It's the same as Excel because the target audience is Office 365 users, not professional developers.

Even though I don't like the like light theme, I do under the intent behind it.   That said, Office does have a Dark Gray theme (it's the one I use) and I would have preferred that the theme change to Power BI was held off until the same choice was available there.

Sure but is PowerBI really for the standard Office 365 user? As others have mentioned I would have placed this alongside other developer products such as Visual Studio/VS Code etc.

I can't imagine the average user is going to pick up PowerBI.

Agree on second point too - if they are aligning it should all be done in one go.

SSF_GB
Frequent Visitor

I've removed the latest version and reverted to the previous update. I don't have the time to re-style all the filter panes/cards again, given they've still not given us the ability to "Apply to All" when it comes to styling them.

+1 for PowerBI not being for the standard 365 user, however if it's to do with the self service aspect of the software, then yes, I agree, it should be in line with other 365 products - BUT, self serve report are such a small perecentage, I'm surprised that took precendence over more import HIGH impact requests that are sitting waiting.