Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

June 2019 Update - Light Theme

Hi,

The new light theme pane is giving me headaches. I do not think you should have released the June 2019 Update with the light theme without a dark one. It is really hard for me to read and impacting my work.

Please send out a patch with the old pane while you are developing the dark theme.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Thank you for your feedback. I have deliver this information internally to Power BI desktop team. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu  

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

PG team are aware of this issue, they are working on giving users more Shell Theme options, similar to Office, but no ETA at this point.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

kevnotec
Advocate I

It's change for change's sake.

Almost every tool is now offering a dark mode, and all of a sudden Power BI have decided to head off in completely the opposite direction.

paulalmond91
Helper II

@v-qiuyu-msft 

Great to hear but really dark mode is the way to go! Every developer is making this and its even available in windows as an option!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kevnotec It totally feels like change for change's sake. I get that someone thought it would be a cool idea, but I didn't know if it was a community request from somewhere. I'm betting the guys developing this are using Microsoft products and I know when I'm developing in C# I am in Dark Mode.

@v-qiuyu-msft  I don't understand why this change was made - can we get an answer for this, I mean Microsoft Office 2010 had three color schemes - Blue, Silver, and Black. Why did we move backwards?

jdp215
Advocate I

@v-qiuyu-msft Please do not confuse feedback for wanting the new version of the pane with the dark theme. I just want the old pane style back while the new office dark theme is being delivered, as long as that is a quicker solution than waiting for the new dark theme. If it would be quicker to have the dark theme than to revert to the old one then that solution is preferred. 

rexii23
Advocate I

It's change for change's sake.

Almost every tool is now offering a dark mode, and all of a sudden Power BI have decided to head off in completely the opposite direction.

Completely agree with this. Please just give us back the old theme and release the light/dark theme when they are BOTH ready!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jdp215  Yea, light theme is terrible. A workaround is: uninstalling, downloading an older version (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-latest-update-archive)

and installing the older one.

oscara
Frequent Visitor

This is just terrible. I'm not able to work with Power BI any longer. This has to be fixed before the next month's release. I have to wear shades to look at the screen! Someone clearly didn't do enough user testing before releasing this.

Going back to an older version seems the only viable option right now. Sorry to miss out on all the new good stuff! 

jdp215
Advocate I

@Anonymous Thank you! this was really helpful as I was unaware of the archived versions 🙂