Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

June 2019 Update - Light Theme

Hi,

The new light theme pane is giving me headaches. I do not think you should have released the June 2019 Update with the light theme without a dark one. It is really hard for me to read and impacting my work.

Please send out a patch with the old pane while you are developing the dark theme.

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. With my migranes that I get, it is impossible for me to work with this tool. 

@jdp215 wrote:

Hi,

The new light pane is giving me headaches. I do not think you should have released the June 2018 Update with the light theme without a dark one. It is really hard for me to read and impacting my work.

Please send out a patch with the old pane while you are developing the dark theme.

mshipley002
Regular Visitor

Worst case, give us an option to toglle between the old and new.

jdp215
Advocate I

@mshipley002 agreed! 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

As we all know, this is a change in Power BI desktop June version, see: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-june-2019-feature-summary/#panes

I would suggest you share your feedback in that blog Comments section to let Power BI team know your concerns. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

cmihiripenna
Regular Visitor

The Light Theme is really hard on eyes and really difficult to work with.

@jdp215 wrote:

Hi,

The new light theme pane is giving me headaches. I do not think you should have released the June 2019 Update with the light theme without a dark one. It is really hard for me to read and impacting my work.

paulalmond91
Helper II

Isn't the technology market trending towards dark mode - why are microsoft deciding to ignore this and make it even whiter!

Really dislike the new view - please allow us to customise our environments as all good IDE's and editors allow.

okusai3000
Helper IV

Such a terrible idea this light theme...

jdp215
Advocate I

@okusai3000 I do not think the idea is terrible. Some people like the look and feel. My dillema is that I get headaches from this light theme. 

RickG2
Advocate I

Previous dark panes were easer to read. There isn't enough contrast with new light-gray panes, especially when displaying hidden fields.  Please allow the option to revert to the old version at least until the dark theme is ready.

DebbieE
Community Champion

Same here,

Ive been getting headaches looking at the new version. Please could we at least have Dark mode. Lots of people over here have been complaining about the look of desktop.