Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jira connection (cloud) failed source credentials

Hi,

I am trying to connect to Jira App from powerbi.com. I get the following error:

"Failed to update data source credentials: The credentials provided for the Web source are invalid"

I am using the Authentication method: Basic.

If I use Anonymous, i get the headers with no data.

I know that my cridentials are correct. I have also tried from a college's account. Any tips? 

Best regards,

Benedicte

Comments
meorir
Frequent Visitor

@MFM  it works! Thanks for sharing.

I cannot upvote your post, so i will just comment on it:)

pchemes
Regular Visitor

Hi, tried connecting Jira Cloud in Power BI Web with the standard included app/connector, but no data is shown.  All labels loaded but no data.

Using this URL

https://xxxxxx.atlassian.net where xxxx is my domain

also tried adding the URL with the project name, like:

https://xxxxxx.atlassian.net/projects/AAA

but it never loads data to PBI.

Basic authentication works OK with a Token created in Jira and authentication works OK, actually in Jira it shows token was "used seconds ago".. and refresh in PowerBI shows OK, but all dashboard is empty, only column names are shown.

In Jira I have a lot of issues, and even a few assigned to myself, and I have several projects.

What should I check?

thanks!

JP

pchemes
Regular Visitor

Fixed the issue, I was using the token name + key to authenticate w/basic auth, which authenticated OK but with no authorization to pull data.  Fixed that and now PBI gets the data.

Now that it syncs data ok, I don´t know how to filter by project (we have many projects in Jira and want to get bugs for a particular one), and it only return a set of xxx records, so I´m not getting the bugs for the project I need.  Is there a way to set those parameters?  (either using the standard PBI app or the pbit)

thanks.

JP

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am still unable to connect to the data source with JIra cloud - Tried using API key on basic aut mode