Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Issues with scrolling in browser and in apps

Hi,

In a browser, when a mouse is over a table/matrix (even when the table/matrix doesn't have to be scrolled), the scrolling of the page doesn't work, which makes for a very poor user experience. To avoid this issue a report developer needs to leave some blank space on the side of the page where users can hover over with a mouse for the page scroll to work. I can understand why this would be when a number of rows in a table is greater than can be displayed, but this should not be happening when there are less rows than the size of the table can accomodate, i.e. there are no scroll bars appearing.

The same goes for the apps (tested on Android mobile, iPhone and iPad), the scrolling as well as zooming in/out doesn't work well when you have a big table/matrix on a page and makes for a poor UX.

Please find a solution to this problem, because this issue is not appearing when other visuals are used, i.e. when a bar chart is used (and mouse is over the chart) the page scrolling works fine when all bars can be displayed and when there are more than can be displayed the scrolling works on that chart only, as expected. Why the same behaviour isn't implemented on tables and matrixes?

Many thanks,

Jure

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 32915686
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

I’ve got response from the Product Team.

Known issue, minor, and Won't Fix this. The new Matrix (in Preview) handles this correctly, and we aren't spending more cycles on the old controls. A new Table using the new components will also be coming soon.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

poej
Frequent Visitor

I am still having issues with scrolling on tablet.