Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issues with expansion in matrix

Hello,

We have a visual in our report that has 3 levels within the matrix:

Procedure Class > Procedure > Physician

The visual counts the amount of procedures we are performing. If we publish the report with all of the rows collapsed it stops at Procedure and doesn't show the Physician. If we publish the report with all rows expanded all levels will show. Is there a known issue with row expansion in matrix visuals or is there something else that I can do outside of having all the rows expanded. 

Southwoods_BI_0-1664311049863.png

Thank you for the help and time.

Hi @Southwoods_BI ,

In what way are you talking about publishing reports to publish?

Is your requirement that after the report is published, you can still implement the matrix drill down and other functions?

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @Southwoods_BI ,

In what way are you talking about publishing reports to publish?

Is your requirement that after the report is published, you can still implement the matrix drill down and other functions?

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

vinclaro001
Regular Visitor

I have this problem too, and it is incredibly frustrating.

It seems to happen after manually dragging a visual to a new position and then clicking the up/down arrows to set the size and/or position.  After it happens there is no easy way to correct because the mobile editing mode does not allow the user to see the visual in order to reselect and move it to a new position or delete it etc.  It looks like there is some kind of logic in the position and size entry fields that is trying to prevent the user from entering a size that would take the visual off the page, but it is not working.  I would personally prefer it if the editor did not try to "help" me and it should be my problem if I choose to locate the visual outside of the visible area.

Southwoods_BI
Regular Visitor

Sorry for not replying sooner. I found a work around which is removing and recreating the visual until it works or functions the way we need to but it was time intesive and frustrating.

When we are publishing the report, I am just refreshing using the refresh function ad the top of the screen and then selecting publish. The normal structure and direction.