Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issues with Slicer

Hi Support,

I created a simple example to show you the slicer issues. In this example, there are 2 columns - SlicerValue & Example. I created a slicer using the SlicerValue and a table, the table can be filtered by the slicer.

Table.png

Issue1: Please see the slicer control setting, if I select all items and then deselect 1/2/3, why it's still showing 'Multiple selections'

1.png

Issue2: I created 2 bookmarks, the 'ResetSlicer' is to clean all selections in bookmark1. Please see below bookmarks setting.

Bookmark1.pngBookmark2.png

I created a button, the button links to 'ResetSlicer' bookmark, if I select 1  in the slicer, then click the button, it works well, but if I select all items and then click the button, the selections are not cleaned in the slicer.

Error.png

Could you please help me with this issue?

Thanks

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 149294364. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I got information below: 

"By Design. Once you use "select all", then deselect one at a time, we switch to "NOT IN" logic to minimize the filter length. Therefore, multiple selected here refers to multiple values are NOT selected. To flip back, clear the state of the slicer and just pick the ones you want."

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

scchuck
Regular Visitor

@v-qiuyu-msft This is a technical explanation, but not an acceptable resolution to what's perceived by the user as a bug. The user starts with the drop-down displaying "All", clicks the drop-down, de-selects all but one of the options, and then the drop-down displays "Multiple selections", leading the user to wonder if they selected properly. They go back into the drop-down and verify that there's only one option selected. Perhaps they then wonder whether the slicer is even working correctly and if the data they are seeing can be trusted.

Please consider this a bug and fix it!

Thanks,

Chuck

tyler_brown

Can we raise this bug again? This is affecting end users even if it's "by design..."