Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Issues with Scheduled refresh for ODATA as Data source type

Hi,

We are using ODATA as Data Source and we have scheduled reports. but from 23.08.2019 all our scheduled refrsh for Odata As a Source are failing with error message " Unable to Connect to data source", But The Gateway is Online and also the Datasource Connection is Online. The link also working fine. but still it is failing. Can you please help me.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Please go to Manage Gateways section, find the OData data source, ensure the "Skip Test Connection" is unchecked, then click on Apply button to see if the data source connection is indeed successful. 

Also go to DataSet Settings section to find the problematic dataset, ensure all settings are fine. Then do manual refresh by Refresh Now to see if the same issue occurs. 

You can refresh the same report in Power BI desktop to check if there is any error. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I cannot see the option Skip test Connection. may be i Have to upgrade my Gateway. Could you please help me.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

You can go to Manage Gateways section, click on the OData data source, there is a Skip test connection option. If it's checked, it will not test the connection actually. 

w1.PNG

It would be better to keep running the latest on-premises data gateway version. The latest version is 3000.8.452(August 2019): https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/on-premises-data-gateway-august-2019-update-is-now-available/

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Thanks for your prompt reply.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have new request for setting up the gateway for REST API, i don't hae much info on how to create new Gateway for this kind of requests. Could you please help me. And i guess the link have json files.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

If you mean calling data source API in Power BI desktop to create the report then publish it to Power BI service, you can go to Manage Gateways section, create a Web data source, then configure the dataset to use this gateway. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I tried Creating Gateway using Web as type, but still i am unbale to create . PORT is already opened. credentials are correct. Could you please help me whether if i missed anything. Authentication type i gave basic only.

error: 

Unable to connect to the data source undefined.
Underlying error code:-2147467259
Underlying error message:Web.Contents failed to get contents from

Regards,

Venkatesh N