Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Issues with Power BI Service, reports and apps are not loading

we are experiencing issues with reports in the Power BI service, they are not loading and also the Power BI App cannot be opened.

when you open a report, It is stuck on "Almost done" message. Toolbar is not loading in the service either.

Comments
matthamilton
Frequent Visitor

I'm experiencing the same - started yesterday to reports that had previously been working successfully. Datasource refreshes complete without error.

PattemManohar
Community Champion

@v-chuncz-msft @v-yuta-msft @v-yulgu-msft 

Could you please throw some light on this ? Something weird going on in the Power BI Service behaviour today.

avigdorth
Frequent Visitor

having the same issues, Power BI doesnt seem to be "running smoothly" 

john_o
Frequent Visitor

Same here, users started reporting this yesterday. Main issue at our site is with the app with the largest user group, and which is on the modern workspace format. Especially when entering it from the home page. Then just stuck on "building your app..."

sheraz
Regular Visitor

@matthamilton , @john_o  yes it all started yesterday but microsoft status shows all good. there does not seem to be a recognition and any idea about ETA to get this resolved.

namansrivastava
Frequent Visitor

Many users in my organisiation are facing the same for quite a few days now. Apps are not opening and get stuck on "Building your app" msg and sometimes the App link is non responsive. This is quite critical for business to access the reports.

PollyPowerBI

Power BI reports loading very, very slowly.  Don't see any outage reported. 

zmannon

We're having the same issue here, but only on the website.  The mobile and desktop apps work fine.

All of our visuals are totally blank on the website.  I've tried multiple browsers and connections to rule out firewall, etc.

This appeared to have started yesterday

john_o
Frequent Visitor

It is on Microsoft's awareness radar now, ref. https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/. It states that the current ETA for the fix is by end-of-day 02/23/2020

sheraz
Regular Visitor

Issues with Power BI Service, reports and apps are not loading 

It looks like microsoft has acknowledged the issue so there are two issues

1. one which is preventing users not being able to open apps so the workaround is a direct link to the apps or open it from the gallery.

2. some reports just keep loading and never open up, is caused due to the custom themes so if you have a copy of the report , reapply a microsoft theme or clear out the theme and then republish. it does resolve the issue based on my testing.

what is really disappointing is that microsoft's ETA for resolution is in a week's time which is unacceptable for a business facing application.