Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issues with Adobe Analytics Date Granularity

I am using the Adobe Analytics connector (version 2.0 Beta) to bring data into Power BI. When I select the different levels of Date Granularity (Year, Month, Day), the values get put into the wrong columns.

Day values get put into the Segment column. Segment values get put in the Year column. Year values get put into the Month Column. Month values get put into the Day column.

Adobe Analytics 1.pngAdobe Analytics 2.png

Hi @Anders22,

I couldn’t reproduce this issue. May I know whether you still have this problem? If you reconnect from a new pbix file, will this issue happen again? If you try with older versions, will this issue reproduce it?

Previous monthly updates to Power BI Desktop and the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anders22,

I couldn’t reproduce this issue. May I know whether you still have this problem? If you reconnect from a new pbix file, will this issue happen again? If you try with older versions, will this issue reproduce it?

Previous monthly updates to Power BI Desktop and the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

Anders22
Regular Visitor

Hello @v-cazheng-msft

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I do still have the same issue. I tried reconnecting from a new PBIX file and the issue persisted. I am using the latest version: Version: 2.108.603.0 64-bit (August 2022). 

Thank you

Anders22
Regular Visitor

Hello @v-cazheng-msft, I was able to replicate the issue on a previous version (Power BI Desktop, Report Server May 2022). 

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anders22,

It’s weird. Please create a support ticket for further investigation. Then, there will be a technical engineer to help you troubleshoot on this issue. Thanks for your understanding!

The link of Power BI Support: Support | Microsoft Power BI

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best regards,

QueryWhiz
Helper V

Hi @Anders22 were you able to find a solution? I used the Adobe native connector but I had some issues from time to time. As a workaround, maybe you can try to connect to test your connection with a 3rd party tool. I've tried windsor.ai , supemetrics (which doesn't has PBI as a destination, so you first have to export to Google Sheets and then export to PBI) and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder,  to make the connection first search for the Adobe connector in the data sources list:

ADOBE-1.png

Then, you should enter your Adobe credentials to make the connection. After that, you'll see a preview of your data where you can select the fields you want to see in PBI. 

ADOBE-2.png

Finally, you just have to choose PBI as destination and copy and paste the url that will appear there in PBI desktop --> Get Data --Web > --> Paste the link

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png